Masoudieh Palace (Emarat-e Masoudieh) is one of the most beautiful palaces or historical houses from Qajar dynasty in old Tehran near Baharestan Square, comprised of a palace and surrounding houses.
It was built in 1879 for the prince Mass’oud Mirza (Zell-e Soltan) – the son of Nasseredin Shah and the governor of Isfahan – as his residence in the Capital. Spanning over an area of 5 hectares, the mansion was constructed in the middle of a garden.
Being close to the Baharestan Plaza and Iran Parliament, Masoudieh Mansion has been home to many events that changed the history of the country.
The mansion was fusilladed after an unsuccessful assassination of the Mohammadali Shah. Masoudieh mansion was one of the main gathering centers during the Persian Constitutional Revolution.
Beside its political importance, the mansion has served the country culturally, since first steps of forming the national library of Iran and also national museum of Iran were taken there.
First independent, ministry of education of the country was also formed at the Masoudieh Mansion.
This palace narrates modern history of Iran to those who pay a visit during an Iran trip. Many ancient inscription and documents are kept at the site.